Friday 2 September 2011

Sparks in the Kiln: For the Bride


One of my sweetest most cherished friends will be getting married next month to a pretty great guy.

A few weeks ago I woke up in the middle of the night and thanks to my handy dandy addictive smart phone I got a message from our friend Cameron giving me heads up that Chelsea's shower would be at the end of the month. She wanted to give me enough time to get my act together, so that I could send a gift along ; ) . Thanks Cam!

So I lay there, thinking what to get the bride and groom. Something meaningful? Maybe off of their registry? Pottery? I wanted it to be something they would have for a long time, a reminder of how God brought them together and to let Chels know just how much I love and appreciate her.

The idea I had looked great in my head! I kept thanking God for such a cool idea and then I sat down to paint. I'm not sure where the original idea went, but I truly feel like the end result was a God inspired idea for the bride and groom. I love them so.

As far at the process of making this piece goes: I am terrible at drawing, terrible. If I could take one art class, it would be basics in drawing. I often have ideas in my head, but feel I can produce them due to my lame drawing skills. So this piece, was a bit of a stretch for me and it most definitely isn't perfect. I had fun making in with Chels and Sean in mind and for me that is all that matters.




If you are wondering what the border is: Ephesians 5


p.s. the lighting for pictures was terrible!




No comments:

Post a Comment