Sunday 7 August 2011

Sparks in the Kiln: Written Love


I have a dear friend here in Oz who is also a transplant, she is from Ireland but has moved here permanently with her husbands job. It's been good to have a friend who knows the life of "packing up, moving away, saying good-bye, hello, good-bye, hello, unpacking, packing" etc. Needless to say we have a lot in common and she has been a true blessing to me, especially during these past few months.

I had the pleasure of meeting her mother who came for a 3 month visit recently. I adopted her has our Grandma Ruby. The boys loved her, especially Sam who is now known as the "wee little man".

I wanted to do something special for both Jacqui and Ruby at the end of her 3 month stay. Saying good bye to family after a visit is the pits.

I came up with 12 Months of Written Love. I created 24 cards, 2 sets of 12 identical cards. Each card has a month stamped on it. The idea is that each month they will be able to sit down and write a little note just to say "I'm thinking of you." "I miss you." "I love you" and send it off. In return they get the same card in the mail with some written love in return.

I packaged them up with a pen inside some cute boxes I bought on www.orientaltrading.com

It was well received and it always makes my day when Jacqui lets me know that she got her card from Mummy.






Ideas: Could be a great gift for military couples, friends moving/relocating



No comments:

Post a Comment